2011年12月29日星期四

Carlos and Shawn seminar




Hey guys
I just attended Carlos and Shawn seminar last month
it was a great experience for me
if anyone don't no who is Carlos and Shawn
here is a short introduction

Carlos Baena
Founder of Animation Mentor and PIXAR animator

Shawn Kelly
Founder of Animation Mentor and ILM lead animator

if you guys want know more can try google them :)
their talk is really inspired me
I learn a lot of things in 3 days, from basic foundation to advanced acting
both of them was really funny, I just can't believe I can meet them face by face :)))))


here some notes I drop down from the seminar that I found really useful for me

Animation Workflow

Pass one
- Timing/ clarity
- Main pose and breakdowns
- Pantomime /body language
- Rough eyes animation
- Emotional beats

Pass two
- Jaw animation
- Finish any remaining breakdown
- Offset action from one another
- Successive breaking joint
- Suggest overlap
- Rough key facial expressions ( main basic )

Pass three
- In-between poses
- Finger and toe animation
- Refine prop animation ( interactive with finger )
- Adjust and refine arcs
- Finished overlapping action
- Begin refining eye animation ( blink and eyes dart )

Pass four

- Facial animation
- Lip-sync
- Muscle animation
- Hair or cloth animation

the greatest thing for me is I get my demo reel review by both of them!!
from current PIXAR and ILM animator!!! really thanks to them and The One Academy

here is some picture from Seminar






Guess what ?
I found Wall E during my KL trip :))
really cute with remote control

没有评论:

Rate me ~