2014年3月21日星期五

Bill the hair stylist


Bill the hair stylist progression shot from Kam Kok Chian on Vimeo.
Hey folk! is been awhile I updated this blog recently listen Feb 11 second club sound, it pretty fun, so I decided to give it a try! here is some progression when I worked on this work

here is some drawing that one of my animator fren ( Levinh ) at The Monk Studio help on me, he is really talented animator, I've learn a lot from him, my animation cant push this far witout his help on me, his idea is want me to push the pose more, make the acting more simple and easy, and my weakest point is about timing and spacing :(  still learning on my way!!


here is some of my workflow when I work on this shot firstly I will take many times of video ref to try get into character, dont be shy, just keep your cam recorder on, and act whatever you feel like the character will be, eventually your acting will get into character, so I choice the clip that I think is suitable for this dialog, and I ready to animate!!

in blocking, I just mainly block story telling pose, don't care about inbetween, slow in out, just make the idea work first! after confirm all my story telling poses, I will use tween machine to help me get the inbetween, I like to use stepped mode, I got some friend like to use splined, it easy and quicked, but I like to block every frames by my hand without computer help me for " free inbetween " , to make sure I keep on track which is the leading part and what drag behind, and track every arc as possible, I will start adjust graph editor in this phrase, yeah, still in stepped mode, this is what I learn from Levinh at The Monk! I like this method a lot!!because when I turn into splined, I know I wont get into big surprised/trouble!


 after that I turn to spline, but usually I will convent into auto tangent, and I start to clean up my graph to make the action more flow, because I put many effort in blocking stage, so I just need to polish the curve to make it more appealing

that's all how I work on this shot! hope you find out it is useful!! have a nice day!!

没有评论:

Rate me ~